The church cannot function and reach those in our community with your heart and your service. We have all sorts of ways for you to serve the church and serve those in the surrounding community.
- Café Help – Volunteer to staff the Café in the main entrance on a Sunday to provide donuts and coffee. There are four one hour opportunities each Sunday and none require any special training or skills, just a smile and willingness to make coffee, restock donuts, and generally provide a welcoming presence to all who enter the building. Donations are used to help fund Mission Task Force projects You can volunteer by following this link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0B48AAA823A75-newcafe and signing up online or by contacting Debbie Petit at 61/-875-2526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hospitality – Be the first face our guests see as you open the doors and guide people to worship, childcare and children’s ministries, Sunday morning classes, the café etc. Contact Lizzy at LizzyO@gcumc.org
- Greeters – Greet guests as they enter into worship with a bulletin and a smile. Contact Traci Wurschmidt, email@example.com.
- Ushers – Help with the flow of the worship while assisting with collections, communion, attendance etc. Contact Traci Wurschmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AV Crew (Audio/Visual Crew) – Know your way around lights and sound equipment? Join us. Contact Traci Wurschmidt, email@example.com.
- Nursery/Children/Youth volunteers – contact Pastor Brandi Blackstone, firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to serve in our children and youth ministries. A training and background check are required prior to serving in any of our ministries with children and youth.
- Sunday School Teachers – contact Pastor Brandi Blackstone, Brandib@gcumc.org.
- Small Group Leaders –contact Pastor Brandi Blackstone at Brandib@gcumc.org for Sunday morning or midweek opportunities.
THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- GCUMC Car Show – Yearly in August, we hold a car show in our parking lot. The money raised is used by the Missions Task Force to support mission projects. Volunteers are needed to set up, assist in registering, facilitating car placement, and tearing down the event. A great way to assist the Missions Task Force and have fun at the same time. Contact Darrell Saunders at 614/214-6299 or at email@example.com.
- Kroger Plus Cards – Kroger gives us a rebate from every penny that you spend at Kroger. Just sign up online and swipe your card when you go to Kroger. Details are available in the Café every Sunday Morning. All of the proceeds go to the Missions Task Force to help support missions teams from the church.Contact Pastor Lizzy, LizzyO@gcumc.org for more information
- Aluminum Cans are collected by Rob and Judy Mugnier and sold to scrap dealers on a regular basis. Collect your cans and either drop them at the trailer in their back yard at 3098 Thomas Ave. or bring them to church on the days that it is announced the trailer will be in the church parking lot. All proceeds go to the Missions Task Force in support of our missions teams.
- Monthly Blood Drive–Monthly the church provides accommodations to the Red Cross to hold a blood drive at the church. Volunteers are needed to help with the sign up prior to the actual day of the drive and to register people as they arrive on the day of the drive.
Part of our mission here at Purple Door is to reach out and be a part of our community. We strive to find new ways to be the church in Grove City. Watch the website for upcoming opportunities to support the church’s efforts to make a larger impact into the community.