June 14, 2020
If you haven’t signed up for service on our slider page on our website, through our app or through Facebook, you can do so here:
We also have some new Bible studies starting up in July. Go to our adults page http://purpledoorchurch.com/get-connected/adults/ to see those studies and to sign up!
June 1, 2020
UPDATE! WE ARE OPENING JUNE 21ST! Until that date, we will still be worshiping online with our two services at 9:45am & 11am – But June 21st will be here before we know it! See the letter below as to dates, times, procedures. We are EXCITED to see you all!
This statement has been prepared with much prayer and discussion by our Leadership Team, A Time-line Sub-Team of the Leadership Team, and the Staff Team of the Church. It has been approved by the Leadership Team as a proposed Guide to Worship Re-Entry.
What we have been going through these past 2 ½ months has been a situation that was never discussed when I went to Seminary- nor in any training since. I have had a lot of helpful suggestions in these last weeks:
“We love the online worship in our jammies eating breakfast.”
“This isolation is killing us! We need to see each other again!”
“We’re not going to be coming to church for a while – we’re trying to keep well.”
“They can’t stop us from meeting! We have a right to meet!”
But the most common has been – “When will we have church again?”
This Worship Re-Entry plan is based on trust and the expectation that we will all work together with grace and patience as we seek to find a safe and responsible way forward.
We fully understand that the church is not the same as the one we left last March. But we also understand that not even this pandemic can stop God’s Church from being His Hands and Feet to the World. That’s the missional direction of what makes us The Purple Door Church. God is continuing to move in new and exciting ways.
Here are the main points of what we are looking at:
- Beginning June 21st, we will re-start all 4 of our Purple Door Campus services as well as St. Mark’s and Sembrando Esperanza.
- We can safely distance 80-100 in the Sanctuary and Balcony and 100-125 in the Worship Center (we do not expect even those numbers at first)
- We will still livestream the 9:30am Contemporary, 11am Traditional, and additionally, the 11am Table 2:15 service. St. Mark’s and Sembrando Esperanza will also likely be continuing to livestream their services as well.
- The 8:30am Traditional service will be set aside for 65 and older and at-risk persons only.
- Services will only be 45 minutes so that we have adequate time to move people so that we may sanitize before anyone else may enter.
- We are committed to follow all guidance from our authorities – both government and denomination.
- All persons are being asked to maintain a minimum of 6 feet from others and to refrain from shaking hands or hugs.
- Online registration will be required (we will set aside 20% of our seating for those who show up and are not registered.) We will use this list for tracing information in case anyone is found to be tested positive.
- These Safe and Responsible safety measures will include:
- Masks will be required for all persons pre-teen and older- No exceptions. – It is recommended that children who can wear a mask should. (Except for worship persons after they are separated in place). We will provide you a mask if you do not have one.
- No one will be admitted who are ill, coughing, sneezing, allergies or having a temperature. If you are sick or know you have been exposed – please stay home.
- No one should feel pressured to come if they do not feel comfortable.
- No congregational singing (even with masks)– we are looking at how to handle that part.
- No bulletins.
- No offering plates being passed – offering baskets at the doors.
- No Nursery or Sunday School for now.– Children will be registered, and craft bags will be available for them.
- Sanitizing will take place before, between, and after each service. We will put out a call for volunteers to help.
- The Great Room bathrooms will be the only available bathrooms for use.
- The tables and chairs have been removed from the café and great hall to avoid gathering spaces. And even more unfortunate – no donuts or coffee!
- After June 21st, we will have 2 rooms available for internal groups of 10 or less to meet. Building use forms must be filed (these can be found on the webpage or by calling the church office).
- No outside groups to meet inside the church for now.
- Community Meal will resume take-out meals in June.
- PDCCC will be making a decision this week about re-opening.
- We reserve the right to revise these procedures based on the status and well-being of the church and congregation and may pull back if needed.
The Church staff have continued to work especially above and beyond the call of duty during these past few months. We have had to adapt and learn new skills. Many of us are working harder trying to fulfill new roles and tasks, as well as keeping everything in place. Our worship teams have been wonderfully flexible in providing the feel of worship in a very different way.
I fully realize that there are a lot of changes – many we may not like. But we are living in a world that has had to make many changes as well. Please be patient with us. Let us live out our witness with Grace and Love as we- together- re-launch The Purple Door Church of tomorrow!
May 26, 2020
CHURCH CLOSURE: In conjunction with Federal guidelines, our church building is CLOSED. BUT WE ARE STILL CONNECTING WITH YOU!
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP/SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: We have two separate worship services: 9:30am and 11am. Our services broadcast on our social media platforms, Facebook and YouTube. In case you miss any of our broadcasts, you can replay them using the buttons on the right side of this page, on Facebook or find them at this link on our YouTube page, Purple Door Productions: www.youtube.com/c/PurpleDoorProductions. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss any future broadcasts!
WE’RE HERE TO HELP! There are many around us who are going to be put into situations where they need help. Childcare. Financial Strain. Food. Elderly who need help with errands. Our church is here to help. If you – or someone you know – has a need, we are putting together a volunteer list of people who can assist in many facets of needs in our own church community as well as those loved ones around us.
GIVING: You can still give your weekly tithe to our church! You can go to the GIVE button here: http://purpledoorchurch.com/give/, or you can download our app and give that way too!
HAVE A PRAYER REQUEST? Our church prayer chain is still active. If you have a prayer request, feel free to send us a Facebook message or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAVE A NEED? First, if you or someone you know has a need, please contact our church. You can contact Pastor Brandi, Brandib@gcumc.org. Secondly, if you would like to be added to our volunteer list of able-bodied individuals willing to help fulfill the needs of those around us, you may also email Pastor Brandi at Brandib@gcumc.org.
OUTSIDE GROUPS MEETING IN OUR CHURCH: Groups from the community that meet in our church such as AA and Scouts are not currently meeting in our facility. You will need to check with that specific group to see how they are handling meetings.
PURPLE DOOR CHILD CARE CENTER: The child care is closed. Please be in contact directly with the child care in case you have questions, 614/801-9262.
FREE STORE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: As of now, our Purple Door Free Store is closed and will not open to the public and will not be accepting donations at this time. We will advise you when the store re-opens.
FAMILY MINISTRIES: Pastor Brandi continually checks in to give fun activities: sometimes daily, sometimes a few a week – so enjoy those and be sure to post pics on our Family Ministry Facebook Page: Grove City UMC Children and Family Ministry (link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361944150634877/)! We will continue a daily Scripture reading so join us in that!
Monday-Thursday will have some sort of family/parent support, maybe an encouraging word via live, an article for families or a simple post at 9:30am! Friday will be story time which will change up from week to week. Saturday will be an interactive activity – Spanish lessons, q&a, etc! Sunday we will have Sunday school at 9am. We are looking for fun interactive ways to change it up! Please let us know how we can pray for you, support you and come along side of you. Love and miss you all! We are here to partner with you during this time!
CHECK ON NEIGHBORS AND LOVED ONES! This is a time we need to pull together. Check on your elderly neighbors and loved ones to see if they need anything. Pray for all of our doctors, nurses, first responders during this time – that God will place a hedge of protection around them and keep them well during this time. We need them!
Lastly, be wise, be prepared, but do not panic – don’t fear. The Bible tells us 365 times NOT to fear … that works out to a reminder every single day of the year. Now is the time we can be a people on our knees, praying for our country and it’s leaders. Won’t you join us in caring for those around us in this time …. how can YOU be Jesus to those around you?
Stay tuned for further updates …. til then, be safe and well.
Remember that God has not called us to live in fear, but in faith. As the apostle Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7, For the Spirit of God does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. My prayer is that God will fill us with all of these.
Blessings, Pastor Dennis